Section First Violin, Chair 10; Section Secton Violin, Chair 6
The Louisville Orchestra announces the following Permanent Positions:
SECTION FIRST VIOLIN, CHAIR 10,
SECTION SECOND VIOLIN, CHAIR 6
Auditions will be held March 20, 2017.
The current salary for section violin positions is $981.33 per week.
The 2016-17 Season is 33 weeks, which began June 1, 2016. This position is available at the successful candidate’s and orchestra’s mutually agreed upon earliest convenience, and includes instrument, life, major medical insurance, and pension. A refundable $50.00 deposit will be required from those musicians invited to audition. Qualified applicant’s mail, email, or fax a typed one-page résumé to be received by
March 6, 2017 to:
Auditions Coordinator, The Louisville Orchestra
323 West Broadway, Suite 700, Louisville, KY 40202
(502) 589-7870 (fax)
All deadlines in the process are final.
Cello and Bass Auxiliary Auditions
Cello and Bass Auxiliary Positions
The Louisville Orchestra will hold Auxiliary Auditions for Cello and Bass as follows:
Audition: Friday, March 17th, 2017
Application Deadline: Friday, March 3rd, 2017
Brown Theatre Rehearsal Hall
*All times are estimated and may change depending on the number of those attending.
Interested musicians are asked to send a one-page résumé to the Auditions Coordinator no later than two weeks prior to the audition in order to indicate interest. If emailing your résumé, please attach your résumé in PDF or Word formats. All résumés must be received by the two week deadline.
The Louisville Orchestra
323 West Broadway, Suite 700
Louisville, KY 40202
Specific information concerning the audition will be sent to applicants after they have contacted the Auditions Coordinator.
Repertoire lists will only be given following the submission of a one-page résumé.
Assistant Conductor Position
The Assistant Conductor shall be responsible for covering the LO Music Director and Guest Conductors for all services of the LO and conducting LO rehearsals and concerts as assigned. The Assistant Conductor serves as a community ambassador for the LO, and is a critical member of the team for planning and executing LO artistic, education and community engagement initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and study all scores for LO repertoire to ensure readiness to step in for the Music Director or a guest conductor in the event of illness, emergency or other circumstances that prevent their appearance.
- Cover all LO Classics Series and Music without Borders Series concerts. Conduct rehearsals and concerts (or portions there-of) of LO as assigned by Music Director (Pops, runouts, MakingMUSIC and other education-related concerts will be the most typical conducting assignments). Assistant Conductor should not expect to conduct Classics and Music Without Borders series concerts, especially not early in his/her tenure.
- Conduct all off-stage ensembles (“banda,” etc.) as required by repertory. Assist with choral warm up, pre- and/or post-rehearsal mini-rehearsals/coachings with players, soloists, as needed.
- Provide Music Director with written and verbal feedback on artistic matters relating to repertory (balance, intonation, dynamics, ensemble issues, etc.).
- Assist Music Director and General Manager in programming future LO seasons; specific accountabilities to include: set concert themes and determine repertoire for all educational concerts to meet school curriculum goals and maximize attendance; researching/evaluating potential guest artists, guest conductors, and composers; researching instrumentation needs; writing program outlines and/or scripts; artistic budget development support.
- Collaborate closely with the Education & Community Engagement Director in support of education and community engagement initiatives.
- Represent the LO in speaking engagements and other public relations activities as assigned by LO staff
- Actively support relationship building efforts with key community stakeholders, as guided by LO staff members.
- Serve on the Education & Community Engagement Committee of the Board of Directors and other committees/task forces as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Music Director or General Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in music, conducting, or related field, and instrumental conducting training required
- Minimum 3 years equivalent experience required
- Complete knowledge of symphonic repertoire and experience in concert programming
- Ability to work flexible hours including, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Exceptional oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
DEADLINE TO APPLY: February 1, 2017
Send application materials to: email@example.com
Candidates should submit a cover letter, current one-page resume, two letters of recommendation, and contact information for three professional references. Candidates are also required to submit a short 5’-7’ video sample demonstrating their recent work. This should include two contrasting repertoire styles. Video should be shot at close range of the conductor, taken from orchestra’s vantage point, facing the FRONT of the conductor, of either a rehearsal or performance with full symphonic or large chamber orchestral ensemble. Videos must be sent electronically with links and dates of performances (Dropbox, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
Finalists will be identified by February 17, 2017, and invited to audition live in front of the Louisville Orchestra and meet with the search committee on March 24, 2017. Travel, accommodations, meals, and all expenses related to the audition process are the sole responsibility of each candidate.